The Trail Smoke Eaters of the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) have an immediate vacancy for the position of Athletic Therapist / Trainer for the 2021-22 season.
The Therapist / Trainer position is a position within the organization that is responsible for all player injuries, sicknesses and general trainer duties. Some of the specific duties that the position includes are below:
- Injury response, rehabilitation, follow-up, referrals, sicknesses and general trainer duties
- Documentation of all injuries, communication to coaches and management
- Working with team doctor, dentist, medical support & rehabilitation personnel
- Skate sharpening and equipment maintenance
- Practice and Gameday preparation
- Dressing room maintenance
- Monitoring player nutrition
- Supervising team off-ice workouts
- Maintaining, distribution, and documenting of medical/equipment supplies and budgets
- Preparing for visiting team/trainer’s arrival
- Packing for road trips throughout British Columbia and Washington State
- Comply with all Hockey Canada, BCHL, and BC Hockey rules and regulations
- Involvement in community and team-building events
The successful candidate must have Hockey Canada’s Safety Person (HCSP) certification, Sports First Responder certificate and possess strong communication skills with experience in the hockey industry. Preference will be given to candidates certified as Athletic Therapists and those with concussion management certification. It is essential that the successful candidate understands the hockey environment and is able to handle the challenges it brings to the day-to-day work atmosphere. A valid passport is recommended for cross-border travel, though not required.
Please no phone calls or faxes. Only final candidates will be contacted. Salary and contract terms to be negotiated. Apply by emailing resume and cover letter to Craig Clare, Director of Hockey & Business Operations: C.Clare@TrailSmokeEaters.com
The Trail Smoke Eaters are a premier Junior-A hockey club in the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL). Steeped in hockey tradition, the iconic Trail Smoke Eaters are one of the most widely recognized hockey teams in the world. Having won two World Championships in 1939 and 1961 as well as competing for numerous Provincial and National Championships, the name and logo of the Trail Smoke Eaters is recognized throughout the hockey community. The Trail Smoke Eaters continue to build upon this legacy where the main goal is to add another championship win in the history books.